Thursday, December 07, 2006

How Do We Want This to End Up?

Back from a few days away from the blogsphere….I realize that most of the postings on this site have to do with the war on terror and my views on how it is being conducted, but as a citizen who lives smack in the center of the worlds biggest bullseye, security is foremost in my thoughts. Immediately following the events of 9/11, I told anyone around me who would listen:

“ Remember how the attacks on the WTC and Pentagon made you feel. Remember how deeply your worldview and sense of security has been tragically altered….remember it, because in two or three years the country will have forgotten.”

In the midst of the massive reinvigoration of Americana and the near unanimous call for patriotic cause in defense of our nation, those words made me sick…it made me sick because I knew it was a prediction that would inevitably come true. Five years and two months later, I think I can justifiably say that we as a nation have “forgotten.” I say this with the caveat that there is still a sizable element of Americans who have not forgotten nor have they lost sight of our struggle for survival against the most frightening foe we have faced in the history of our country. I’m specifically referring to mainstream America as has become abundantly clear in this past election, the reporting of the media, and the failure of the public to grasp that we are at war. I am not going to waste this posting on the fatal mistake of submitting to our enemies by withdrawing from central fronts in the war on terror or ignorantly brushing aside an enemy that consistently asserts his desire to destroy America and our allies. I’m going to make the following statement: America does not have the fortitude that is necessary to mount a sustainable fight in the war on terror as a result has broadcast it’s weak underbelly to our enemies, a mortal mistake that will cost us dearly in innocent American blood.

Over the next several days I will explore the reasons why we have lost our souls as a country at war and why this will result in further attacks on our soil. Some of the topics I will explore are:

Ø The role of the media in influencing the publics aversion to war from Vietnam onward
Ø The utter failure of the Bush Administration to adequately gain ongoing support for his war effort
Ø The Machiavellian tactics of the far Left in effectively creating an anti-war movement in its pursuit of power
Ø Congressional losses in the midterm election and the message that it has sent to the rest of the world, including our enemies

These are some of the key indicators that show our defeat in a war that is 10% military and 90% public opinion. I can only hope that something will be done to reverse this trend, but much like my pragmatism immediately post-9/11, I sincerely think that the only catalyst to change at this point is another attack on our soil. Gut wrenchingly sad…but true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home